Game News ~ Cheats ~ Downloads ~ Walthroughs ~ Trailers ~ Reviews

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsArcadeMusic PlaylistRegisterLog in

Share | 

PS2: Jak 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperHacker

Number of posts : 106
UserTitle : Who Is This Guy?
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: PS2: Jak 3   Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:30 am

Jak and Daxter is a series that I have always loved. I never played them in order, I played 2, then 1, then 3. So the story line for me was a bit off. Jak, is a teen who has a natural gift for channeling eco. Eco is a strange natural force that can gove the user certain powers depending on the colour of eco used. In jak and Daxter, daxter comes into contact with dark eco turning him into a little orange animal. During the game, we believe the end of the game will be Daxter changing back. But it turns out, he doesnt and jak saves the world. In Jak 2, a machine is created to travel through spacetime, Jak and his friends travel with the machine and end up in haven city. Jak is captures but Daxter escapes, Jak is experimented on and some how gains the power to channel dark eco and become Dark Jak. Jak then goes out to take down the evil Baron. In Jak 3, Jak gains new powers and saves the world once more.

Story:
Jak 3 follows the story line from the other 2 games. Twist and turns, and sometthing from the past game. Jak finds out, this is my theory, he was born in the future, his father was Damos, the leader of the wastlanders. But when Damos was bannished, he had no one, Damos gave him a special amulet, which Jak carried round with him. The present Jak decides to stay in the future, and the sage takes the young Jak back in time with him. I think thats how it is, but that is a super rought edition so. The story is complex, many twist and turns, and very interseting.
Story: 9.5/10

Presentation:
The graphics, still look great, even today. But back then, it ws one of, if not the best looking game to date. Graphics were good, gameplay smooth, cutsenes were beautiful. even when Jak was zooming along in the vehicle, it still moved super smooth.
Presentation: 9.8/10

Gameplay:
Wow, what an improvment on Jak 2. The main problem I had with Jak 2 was the fact that, the missions were so far away you would have to hop on one of those bloody cars which was tedious as all hell with the traffic. But in Jak 3, wow its so much easier. Plus, you get the hover board pretty early on, so that makes travel much easier, and makes the game flow easier as well. The scale of the game is prettyy impressive to, the game is huge in terms of environment. You can treverse the deser, ride through the city or walk with the wastlanders in thier desert city.The fights are just as good, if not better than the previous 2 games. The camera follows Jak so perfectly, you will never really find yourself battling the camera fir a good angle. Even in the heat of a battle, its still perfect. The weapons were something that alot people loved in Jak 2, and there are even more this time around. You get alot more gun upgrades, and you get them more often that you would think. Another new addition to the game play, is the Light powers. Jak can use Dark Eco, but in Jak 3, he can use Light Eco as well. Jaks eco powers were a small part of the game play in Jak 2, but now they are made a main part of the game play. Some old dark Jak powers are back as well as some very welcomed edditions. The game, is without a doubt challenging. Almost garanteed you will die the first time around for any mission, so be prepeared to die. Normaly when I die in a game, I'm not one to laught it off, but with Jak 3, I did. I laughed at myself and just pressed continue. I never felt like the game was cheating me, I never felt like it was impossible. I felt like it was a challenge, which drove me on to complete it, at which point, you are awarded with a beautiful cutscene.
Gameplay: 10/10

Replay:
Should you replay it? I'm still playing it, there are may precursor orbs to collect, and cheats and other things to unlock. And there is always a mission or 2 to do.
Replay: 9

Overall: 9.8/10, Amazing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullyloaded.phphope.net
ngh

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: PS2: Jak 3   Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:58 am

This game sounds interesting, I'll try it out when I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AussieJay
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 671
UserTitle : Brian Rocks
Favorite Game : Burnout Series
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: PS2: Jak 3   Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:01 am

It does sound interesting. What platform are you using to review Jak 3?

Moderating: Of course, if you have any questions please send me a PM instead of posting in threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tech.yix.org
SuperHacker

Number of posts : 106
UserTitle : Who Is This Guy?
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: PS2: Jak 3   Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:52 am

Its only on PS2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullyloaded.phphope.net
AussieJay
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Male
Number of posts : 671
UserTitle : Brian Rocks
Favorite Game : Burnout Series
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: PS2: Jak 3   Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 am

Good, that's the only one I have Smile

Moderating: Of course, if you have any questions please send me a PM instead of posting in threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tech.yix.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS2: Jak 3   

Back to top Go down

PS2: Jak 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Vortex :: Rating Center :: Hall of Fame-
Jump to: