Gamers Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game News ~ Cheats ~ Downloads ~ Walthroughs ~ Trailers ~ Reviews

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesArcadeMusic PlaylistRegisterLog in

Mass Effect PC Has Massive DRM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aryan
Admin
Admin
Aryan

Male
Number of posts : 637
Favorite Game : Resistance : Fall of Man
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Mass Effect PC Has Massive DRM Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect PC Has Massive DRM   Mass Effect PC Has Massive DRM EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:19 am

Here's a little bad news for the folks looking forward to the PC version of Mass Effect. The game's Technical Producer dropped a bomb in the official forums letting everyone know that the DRM used for the PC port of the 360 hit would be similar to the infamous restrictions on the PC version of Bioshock.

Quote:

Mass Effect uses SecuROM and requires an online activation for the first time that you play it. Each copy of Mass Effect comes with a CD Key which is used for this activation and for registration here at the BioWare Community. Mass Effect does not require the DVD to be in the drive in order to play, it is only for installation.

After the first activation, SecuROM requires that it re-check with the server within ten days (in case the CD Key has become public/warez'd and gets banned). Just so that the 10 day thing doesn't become abrupt, SecuROM tries its first re-check with 5 days remaining in the 10 day window. If it can't contact the server before the 10 days are up, nothing bad happens and the game still runs. After 10 days a re-check is required before the game can run.
Back to top Go down
https://gamersvortex.darkbb.com

Page 1 of 1