Gamers Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game News ~ Cheats ~ Downloads ~ Walthroughs ~ Trailers ~ Reviews

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesArcadeMusic PlaylistRegisterLog in

Some MORE Suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AussieJay
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
AussieJay

Male
Number of posts : 671
UserTitle : Brian Rocks
Favorite Game : Burnout Series
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Some MORE Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Some MORE Suggestions   Some MORE Suggestions EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am

To ever improve this site I have some more suggestions. Please read the whole thing before scrolling to the quick reply box rabbit

1. Delete the Tech News forum. It isn't used and is very similar to the Gaming News forum if the description of the Tech News forum is accurate. If it is removed, there would be only one forum in that category, so the Program Downloads would fit perfectly with the Gamer's Workshop. A name change to fit the category could be "Other Program Downloads" or something similar.

2. Remove the Music Playlist link under General Talk and move the View Today's Cartoon link to the top of the page.

3. Move the Music Playlist and View Today's Cartoon (after removing it from the Jokes and Riddles area) to their own seperate area/bar that could be right after the userbar. Related links and site-wide announcements could have their own area.

4. Clean up some forum descriptions that have basic spelling and grammar mistakes. Such as...
Post your least favorite games with a rating of 1-starto 3-star of why you do not like them. =
Post your least favorite games with a rating of 1 to 3 stars and why you have chosen the rating.

This forum is strictly for mods that you are releasing, post your finished work here. =
This forum is strictly for work that is finished and is due for release.

5. Either move the Entertainment category or the Site Status category next to each other. They are both related but are wide apart.

Comments on my suggestions are welcome. Please use the numbers so we all know what each other is commenting on Smile rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://tech.yix.org
Anime2Life
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Anime2Life

Male
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Purely Review
UserTitle : Join Purely Review!
Favorite Game : Purely Review

Community Reviews

PostSubject: Re: Some MORE Suggestions   Some MORE Suggestions EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:57 am

Wow do you think Aryan can handle all this, I mean is one person. lol!

OK:

1. I agree, it should be deleted and replaced with a new forum for tournaments, challenges, and highscores. Smile

2/3. I might have to disagree, the links don't look to noticible currently and the portal might look congested with all those links.

4. I agree, that always bothers me too.

5. Sure, I guess that would look good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purelyreview.com/forum/index.php
AussieJay
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
AussieJay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some MORE Suggestions   Some MORE Suggestions EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:03 am

Quote :
and the portal might look congested with all those links.
I don't mean the portal, I mean the index.

EDIT: another suggestion is to cleap up the userbar. There are 12 links. If we move the arcade and playlist links to their own bar underneath - maybe in a box that matches the theme - it would shorten the bar considerably.
Back to top Go down
Anime2Life
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
Anime2Life

Male
Number of posts : 587
Job/hobbies : Purely Review
UserTitle : Join Purely Review!
Favorite Game : Purely Review

Community Reviews

PostSubject: Re: Some MORE Suggestions   Some MORE Suggestions EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:10 am

Ok I'm a n00b, what's this userbar you speak of? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.purelyreview.com/forum/index.php
AussieJay
Global Moderators
Global Moderators
AussieJay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some MORE Suggestions   Some MORE Suggestions EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:21 am

It is...

Some MORE Suggestions Userba11

EDIT: here's another suggestion - merge the "Projects" and "Progress" forums together. They are exactly the same!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some MORE Suggestions   Some MORE Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Some MORE Suggestions
Page 1 of 1